- Why is a group of skunks called a surfeit?
- What is a group of giraffes called?
- What group of animals is called a mischief?
- What is a group of crocodiles called?
- What is a group of goats called?
- What is a group of donkeys called?
- What is a group of foxes called?
- What is group of hedgehogs called?
- What is a group of sloths called?
- What is a group of seals called?
- What is a group of weasels called?
- What is a group of deer called?
- What is a group of walrus called?
- What’s a group of porcupines called?
A surfeit of skunks, presumably because more than one is too much. A surfeit of skunks, presumably because more than one is too much.
A group of giraffes is called a tower. These amazing animals can be found in the African plains, and they use their long necks to reach leaves on the tops of trees. It’s their long necks which helped give them their group name, as they are so tall they tower over bushes and other animals! A skulk of foxes.
Porcupines – a prickle. Raccoons – a nursery or gaze. Rats – a mischief.
baskA bask of crocodiles Please be respectful of copyright.
Goat. A herd, tribe or trip goats.
A group of donkeys is called a drove.
skulkA group of foxes are called a leash, skulk or earth, according to the U.S. Department of Interior. They are also called packs.
9. A group of hedgehogs is called an ‘array’. 10. Hedgehogs haven’t always been called hedgehogs, a long time ago they were called ‘urchins’.
A Snuggle of Sloths As you can see, a “snuggle” of sloths was the resounding winner, which now makes this the most popular term for a group of sloths!
There are many collective nouns for seals, including a colony, a rookery, a herd, a harem but perhaps our favourite is a bob of seals.
A group of weasels may be referred to as a “boogle”, “confusion”, “gang” or “pack”. Weasels often prey on animals larger than themselves.
Most people, upon seeing a bunch of deer together, would call it a herd, however, you also could call the group a bunch, a mob, a parcel or a rangale.
Walrus are social animals They congregate in large numbers, with groups of walrus called “herds”. Herds are usually segregated by gender, with females and males, each having their own herd.
It could hardly be more apt, but a congregation of these spiky creatures is called a prickle.