- What is the name for 100 000 years?
- What word is 1000 years called?
- What is the term for 1 million years?
- What is 10 millenniums called?
- What is the period of 50 years called?
- What is a period of 500 years called?
There is a word for 1000 years, millennium, millennia or millenniums in plural. Myrioi means 100000 years. A million years is megaannum.
Since in Latin mille means “thousand”, a millennium lasts 1,000 years. Thus, we’re living today at the beginning of the third millennium since the birth of Christ.
A million years is called a megaannum, which is often abbreviated ‘Ma. ‘ This term comes from the word parts ‘mega’ which means ‘huge’ and ‘annum’…
Decamillennium- A period of ten thousand years.
A period of fifty years is called semi-centennial, Alternatively, if a period of ten years is called a decade, then fifty years could be called five decades, It is also half a century.
quincentenary – the 500th anniversary (or the celebration of it) quincentennial.